Sunday, October 19, 2008

Travel diaries-A lifetime pligrimage to Spiti

The road from there upto Rohtang pass was in bad shape, thanks to Himachal govt. for taking the task to widen that route, the result, all slushy, bumpy ride. As I was approaching the Pass, I started seeing the snow peaked mountains, I started realising that all around me was fresh snow, even at some places I was driving over 2-3 inches of snow layer on the road. When I reached Rohtang Pass, it was completely covered with 2-3 feet of snow and the local tea stall chap told me that it has snowed the whole night and I might face difficulty at certain places on that route. But in no mood to return back, I was decided to reach Kaza on that very day, so I carried on.

As I crossed the pass, the situation worsened for about next 5-6 kms. Heavy snow, few vehicles were stuck, but I was lucky because a few trucks and HP road transport buses had crossed by me, so they had already created the stable way.

I was constantly stopping and taking some of the most amazing shots of my life. I was feeling as if this is not earth, this must be a paradise, a heaven, fresh white snow all around, all the peaks were full of fresh white snow. I was witnessing nature at its best, it was really beautiful. Soon the snow view ended and I was reaching at Gramphu crossing. It must have been around 10.00AM.
'

India Online Traveling

Craigslist bangalore vacation

Travel Blogs Goa

India Travel Forum - IndiaMike.com